We are most well-known for initiating and growing the climate strike movement in Sarasota, FL.
We have hosted and organized events for each global climate strike and alternative actions during COVID-19:
- March 15th, 2019
- May 24th, 2019
- Sept 20th 2019
- Sept 27th 2019
- November 29th
- December 6th 2019
- April 24th 2020
- September 25th 2020
- March 19th 2021
We have helped change the narrative of the media in Sarasota, with recognition from:
- The Sarasota Herald
- The Bradenton Herald
- ABC 7
- Sarasota News Network (SNN)
- New College Catalyst
- Liberation News
- The Critical Times
- SRQ Magazine
- ...And many more!
Some of our other initiatives include:
- Spreading climate awareness through art (pictured)
- "Ready for 100" email campaigns to Sarasota County
- Providing space for local Sarasota Students to explore their eco-grief and other feelings around the climate crisis.
- Working for broader climate education to the public through webinars, live streams, and social media campaigns and graphics.
SS4C team members at Nathan Benderson Park creating tiles for Our Climate Florida’s upcoming Manatee Mosaic project.
Right now, we're fighting for 100% renewable energy in Sarasota County. Help us by: